POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What du you think about my masonry? (jpg 51,3 kbbu) : What du you think about my masonry? (jpg 51,3 kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  What du you think about my masonry? (jpg 51,3 kbbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 8 Feb 2001 14:56:20
Message: <3a82f9e4@news.povray.org>
Jpg-compression was not very friendly to the roughness of the mortar, but I
think, this one is big enough for a technical-study.
I wonder if it's worth to follow this path further (and which way to go),
cause this simple scene with aa 0.3 needed 22 m 19 s on my PII 450 MHz (with
some other stuff running as well). It's one isosurface, using the
brick-pattern as a function and Jeff Lee's technique to give the bricks
individual colours. The textures still needs a lot of work.

What do you think?

Marc-Hendrik

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: